Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas keeps a'coming in...



I will be showing two new pieces in a show called "Oh Mama" in the HABLA Underground Gallery during the Quarterly LA Art Walks. What I wanted with "Cow Bride" was to take a much better look at the cow in terms of marriages. I went on the Hindu and other culture's perspective of how it is valued in giving birth/fertility, providing milk, cheese, yogurt, and meat, to the gentleness and the hope of a new marriage. I didn't want to go out of my way to make the stereotypical woman=cattle=slavery type situation, but to make it a more sacred piece of loving an nurturing - of which we want to associate motherhood and marriage with.

Also, I've been filming in a movie called "Bus Stop Conspiracy". It's been the first day, but it's been a fun day. Whee.

No comments: